IMPORTANT - READ CAREFULLY: This End-User License Agreement ("EULA") is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and Franz Krainer for the software product "SL4NT", which includes computer software and may include associated media, printed materials, and "online" or electronic documentation ("SOFTWARE PRODUCT"). By installing, copying, or otherwise using the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, you agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA. If you do not agree to the terms of this EULA, do not install or use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
The SOFTWARE PRODUCT contains some or all of the following types of software: "SYSLOG SERVICE" that provides the runtime environment for receiving and processing syslog messages ("Syslog Service"); "SUPPORT SOFTWARE" that contains components for administering the SYSLOG SERVICE ("SL4NT Manager & Documentation").
This EULA grants you the following rights to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT:
1. Installation. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT may be provided on multiple media such as CD-ROM or diskette(s) or may be obtained by "electronic software distribution" such as File Download from the Internet. The medium on which the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is provided may contain several copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, each of which is compatible with different microprocessor architecture, (such as the x86 architecture or various RISC architectures). You may install the software from the provided media in the following manner:
2. SYSLOG SERVICE. You may install the SYSLOG SERVICE on the number of machines as specified in the product license you acquired.
3. SUPPORT SOFTWARE. You can install any component of SUPPORT SOFTWARE on an unlimited number of machines, as long as you own a license for at least one machine.
4. Evaluation. If you have installed the 'evaluationí version of the software, you are using an evaluation license, which allows you to install the SYSLOG SERVICE on an unlimited number of machines for the purpose of evaluating the usefulness of the software. This evaluation license is valid for a limited number of days only. On expiration of the evaluation license, you must either purchase a valid product license to convert the evaluation software into the commercial version or alternatively completely 'uninstall' the SOFTWARE PRODUCT from all machines on which it was installed.
5. Upgrades. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is stamped with a Version Code consisting of a major and a minor version number. An example of a Version Code would be "3.2". If you acquire a valid product license for any version of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, you will be enabled to download later upgrades and enhancements from our Web Site for free. This means that SL4NT product licenses are version-independent.
6. Transfer. You may transfer the SYSLOG SERVICE to another computer, provided that it is removed from the computer from which it is transferred.
7. For all SOFTWARE Rental. You may not rent or lease the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
9. Limitation on Reverse Engineering, Decompilation, and Disassembly. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
9. Termination. Without prejudice to any other rights, Franz Krainer may terminate this EULA if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this EULA. In such event, you must destroy all copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT and all of its component parts.
10. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is licensed, not sold. Title and copyrights in and to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT (including any images, applets, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, and text incorporated into the SOFTWARE PRODUCT), accompanying printed materials, and any copies you are permitted to make herein are owned by Franz Krainer or his suppliers and are protected by Austrian copyright laws and international treaty provisions.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
11. THIS SOFTWARE AND ITS ACCOMPANYING WRITTEN MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED BY LICENSOR "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, ARE DISCLAIMED.
12. IN NO EVENT SHALL LICENSOR OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, SAVINGS, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Because some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitation may not apply to you.
© Franz Krainer 1997-2005. All Rights Reserved. Legal Notices